– Personalia –
Full name: Hans Agdal Stenseng
Maritial status: In a relationship
With 10 years in the service-industry, I enrolled in the Oslo School of Management, in order to achieve a bachelor’s degree in tourism and strategic growth, this was completed in June 2013.
I love to enthuse others and try to do that in all aspects of my life. Wether it’s been at school, in the reception where I currently work or at a personal level.
My goals are to work with the development & marketing of hotels or destinations.
– Specialties –
Networking, hospitality, hotels, service management, social media, marketing, corporate branding & hotel identity.
Group Desk Agent – Scandic Hotels Norway
March 2014 – Present
– Part of the Group Desk Team, working with in-house sales of meeting & event for the Norwegian Scandic Hotels.
Key tasks include: Pricing strategies, sales, establishment and signing of contracts as well as a great deal of cooperation with the revenue management division.
Service Crew – Comfort Hotel Grand Central
March 2012 – March 2014
– As a part of the pre-opening team at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, Oslo opening April 2012.
I was 1 of 8 people who got to be a part of the planning and modelling of new routines,
as well as building the culture forming what we now can call the Grand Central Team.
This position also included a shared responsibility for the social media marketing together with the hotel manager.
Student blogger – Oslo School of Management
January 2012 – May 2013
– Blogging about the life of a student at Campus Kristiania.
Leader/Project manager – HSMAI Student at HSMAI Europe
July 2011 – November 2012
– Project manager of the re-launch of HSMAI Student in Europe
– Experience with both national, and international tourism & hospitality-academia.
Cook at Kolonihagen Frogner
May 2010 – July 2011
– Sous-chef/cook at a small french-inspired, organic café & restaurant.
Manager at Steam Coffee
June 2009 – May 2010
– Started as manager 2 months after opening.
– Awarded the «Norwegian Coffeeshop of the year 2010″ by Speciality Coffee Association of Europe.
– Involved in implementing customer loyalty cards & training of new staff.
Military Service – Cook at the Royal Norwegian Navy
July 2008 – June 2009
– Awarded the rank of corporal/leading seaman.
– Involved in implementing the new health, environment & safety-procedures at the vessel KV Andenes.
– Honorable discharge with highest possible remarks.
– Earlier Employment –
Barista at Steam Kaffebar
October 2007 – May 2009
Cooks apprentice at Thon Hotels
August 2005 – August 2007
Deli Employee at Meny AS
February 2004 – June 2004
Crew at McDonald’s Norway
May 2003 – January 2004
Oslo School of Management (Markedshøyskolen)
Bachelor, Tourism, 2010 – 2013
Bleiker High School
G.E.D 2007 – 2008
Bleiker High School
Culinary arts 2003 – 2005
– Volunteer Positions-
Head of the Control Committee by the Studentunion at Campus Kristiania
November 2012 – Present
Member of the board at the Oslo Marketing Association
March 2011 – Present
– Recruitment, marketing, sponsorship and project management for the nr. 1 Marketing-NGO in Oslo.
Member of the Control Committee by the Studentunion at Campus Kristiania
November 2011 – November 2012
– Negotiator, controller and assistant at the General Assembly.
Head of the Career-fair by the Studentunion at Campus Kristiania
November 2010 – November 2011
– Head of the career-fair at CK with the highest percentage of visitors.
– On avg. 98% full auditorium on all 11 lectures.
Project Manager – Speed dates 2011 at the Oslo School of Management – Campus Kristiania
March 2011 – May 2011
– Awards –
”Dissertation of the year 2013” – Given by the Oslo School of Management for:
Issues relating to Online Travel Agents – a Necessary Evil? – Co-written with Cathrine Olsen
” Student of the year 2013” – Voted by fellow students in the graduating class 2013
”Head Seaman” – Awarded at the Coastal Guard Vessel KV Andenes during mandatory service.
– Publications –
The Concerns About Online Travel Agencies – A Necessary Evil?
the Oslo School of Management – September 6, 2013
The final thesis «The Concerns About Online Travel Agencies – A Necessary Evil?», was co-written with Cathrine Olsen. It revolves around the current problems between third party providers, also known as online travel agencies, and hotel-chains, especially Norwegian chains who has chosen to withdraw properties from online agencies such as Hotels.com. The thesis researched criteria we think will be vital to a future co-existence between hotels and third party providers.